May 25, 2021
In this episode, we sat down with Dr. Jack Hickey to discuss hamstring strain rehabilitation. Topics included:
- What should be included in the assessment?
- What's the role of MRI?
- How soon should rehabilitation begin?
- What exercises and progressions are recommended?
- When should an athlete return to running and how is that process structured?
- What criteria determine when it's safe to return to sport?
- Does hamstring strain rehabilitation need to be pain-free?
- And much more!
More about Dr. Jack Hickey:
SPRINT Research Centre: https://twitter.com/SPRINT_ACU
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jack-Hickey-5
Paper discussed: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31253060/
More about us:
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/QvV3GZ2uuNk