Aug 31, 2021
In this episode, we sat down with the hip physio, Mehmet Gem, to discuss hip osteoarthritis and total hip replacements. Tips and topics included:
- Tip #1: Don't rush off walking aids too early
- Tip #2: Count your steps
- Tip #3: If precautions are set, determine an end date
- Tip #4: Focus on function and confidence...
Aug 17, 2021
In this episode, we sat down with Dr. Jay Hertel to discuss a 2019 paper that he co-authored titled: An Updated Model of Chronic Ankle Instability.
- How is CAI defined?
- What are the pathomechanical, sensory-perceptual, and motor-behavioral impairments associated with CAI?
- How do personal and environmental factors...
Aug 3, 2021
In this episode, we sat down with Dr. Dustin Grooms to discuss how the brain changes after an ACL injury and what can be done clinically to address these adaptations.
- What are the neurophysiologic adaptations that occur after primary ACL rupture, reconstruction, and during rehabilitation?
- What motor learning...