Aug 3, 2021
In this episode, we sat down with Dr. Dustin Grooms to discuss how the brain changes after an ACL injury and what can be done clinically to address these adaptations.
- What are the neurophysiologic adaptations that occur after primary ACL rupture, reconstruction, and during rehabilitation?
- What motor learning strategies should clinicians be using to target these changes?
- What assessments should clinicians add to their return-to-sport testing criteria?
- What else should we be doing to reduce the risk of primary injury?
- We also discuss the use of virtual reality, strobe glasses, unstable surfaces, metronomes, dual tasking, and much more!
More about Dr. Dustin Grooms:
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dustin-Grooms
Relevant research (not all inclusive):
More about us:
This episode was produced by Matt Hunter.